Thursday 17 April 2008

The Legend of Zelda Introspective - Coming Soon

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict something: by the end of this year, Nintendo will announce and/or reveal their next Legend of Zelda game. I have no sources, I have no clues and I certainly have no idea of what it might be like or when they might reveal it. It is a mere prediction. Perhaps a hopeful one. I'm not saying that I have a third eye in the top of my head, or that I'm Isaac Mendez, but I'm quite good with my predictions. Most of them, I never say out loud, but when they do come to pass I'm left wondering why I didn't tell someone about what I foresaw. I'm not saying I can predict the lottery or major news events, but more like the mundane things in life, like 'I bet these chips taste like shit.' Maybe I'm just over-lauding my 'psychic abilities'.

Back to the issue on-hand, then. One of the reasons I hope for this announcement is that I have a Wii but rarely ever play it. I want to use it like I do my Xbox 360, but there's just not enough games out that pique my interest (as well as the fact that you can't get Achievements on Wii games). A brand new Zelda game, though, would have me punching children in their faces for a copy of it. The thought of a new Zelda has so far stopped me from selling my Wii.

So, to celebrate my glorious and hopefully accurate prediction, I am going to post my Legend of Zelda Introspective series. Unlike my GTA Retrospective series, I am looking deep into my feelings on the Legend of Zelda, rather than look back at its past games in release order. If you're not too sure of how this is different, then perhaps it's best if you shut up and wait for me to post it. I'll post it as soon as I finish it, which should be very soon: by the end of this year, I will post my Legend of Zelda Introspective - Part I.

How about that for a prediction, eh?

No comments: