Tuesday 29 April 2008

GTA IV Released!

The countdown clock has gone and GTA IV is now available to purchase, at least in theory, as it's pretty much sold out everywhere, much to my dismay as I haven't got my copy, yet. Play.com said they'd posted my copy on Friday, then sent me an email saying they'd only posted it today.

Oh, well. Shit happens. Still, I bought myself a spanking new and really rather awesome 26", widescreen HD TV last night and am currently playing through my back catalogue of Xbox 360 games and checking out the upgraded pictures. It certainly makes a difference when compared to a 4:3, 21" SD TV. Some of the games are letterboxed when viewed on a non-widescreen TV and sometimes the HUD can be hard to read. So no more squinting when trying to see how much life Urdnot Wrex has left when playing Mass Effect (which looks so much better in HD).

With all this said, Xbox 360 games look good in SD anyway, so an HD TV isn't essential, but it's definitely worth getting one to see the games as they were meant to be seen.

No comments: