Wednesday 4 June 2008

So, Rock Band, Then!

I haven't posted for a while, I know. I've been playing Rock Band. It is definitely worth that £140, it's probably even worth the RRP £179.99 (I think). Analysis list time, because I can't be bothered with punctuation.
  • The Drums
    • Awesome
    • Work incredibly well
    • Well made
    • Quite loud (clack, clack, clack, clack)
    • Steep learning curve
    • Ultimately satisfying
  • The Guitar
    • Feels quite cheap
    • Works well
    • Not as good as GH III guitar
    • Added extras are cool
  • The Microphone
    • Is basically a real microphone
    • Feels incredibly cool to hold
    • Works very well
  • The Songs
    • Practically all tastes accounted for (provided you like Rawk!)
    • It's got Little Sister by Queens of the Stone Age = enough said
    • The DLC stuff is amazing
    • Also, My Sharona by The Knack
    • More Than a Feeling by Boston
    • Detroit Rock City by Kiss
    • I mean, I could go on
    • Paranoid by Black Sabbath
    • Crushcrushcrush by Paramore
    • That enough for you?
    • This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race by Fall Out Boy
    • Needs some System of a Down, but so did GH, GH II and GH III (at least there's some Serj Tankian)
    • Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters :D
  • The Actual Game
    • Yes, it is better than GH III
    • Rock Band World Tour is a revelation
    • Achievements are nice and fair, unlike GH III
    • Can see myself playing this for a long, long, time
Also, I've been playing Rez HD. I missed it the first time around when it came out for the Dreamcast, and I have to say it is now one of my very favourite games ever. And I haven't even used the Trance Vibration yet!

No comments: