Tuesday 24 June 2008

Crack Band [Update]

The reasons for my title are two-fold: Rock Band is as addictive as crack (not an analogy I've made from personal experience), and my drum pedal has a big-ass crack in it - it will snap into two pieces very soon.

I've stopped playing it. Anticipating the pedal to inevitably give way under my foot and becoming completely unusable is just as bad as it being completely unusable anyway. It saps all the fun out of playing the damn thing and makes me want to stop just in case I'm desperate for one more final go tomorrow (I'm quite good to my future-self like that).

On the freakishly large Rock Band box, it says that I should visit rockbandservice.ea.com if I was to "encounter a problem with any Rock Band™ peripheral", so I did just that. A quick questionnaire later and I was well on my way to having my pedal replaced. After having to sign up for an 'EA Account' (whatever that is), I had to give them my name, address and telephone number and then I was told I'd get a confirmation email which I still haven't received. So I don't really know what's going on with it. I'll keep you updated, but I've got every faith in EA that I'll soon be receiving my brand spanking new and completely unbroken pedal (I've got a score to settle with Run to the Hills - God, I hate Iron Maiden).

[Update] Yeah, it's broken. I wasn't even playing it, I was testing it and it came apart. The worst thing about it is the new one would have been delivered today, but I missed the post-man, so now I'm sans pedal until Thursday.

*cries*

No comments: